DEVELOPING LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Leader as Coach
Transform your business through developing your people
Experience the freedom, confidence, and success that comes from getting everyone on your team committed to the same goal!
Are you struggling with painful conversations, drowning in your to do list and feeling stuck making progress? Then this program is for you – you’ll learn the skills needed to have effective coaching conversations so you can guide, inspire, and encourage team members to meet their full potential.
Who is this for?
Anyone with responsibility for leading and managing others, who wants to enhance their leadership skills with a focus on coaching: business owners, executive leaders, emerging leaders, line managers, high-potential executives.
What outcome can I expect?
- Knowledge around when to apply a coaching approach
- Confidence and skills to have quality one-to-one coaching sessions with team members using the GROW Coaching Model
- Knowledge of your own style and how this may impact on coaching outcomes
- Tips on how to adapt to others styles to improve coaching outcomes
- Knowledge of coaching traps to avoid
This program involves 3 x 2.5 hour small group workshops delivered over an 8 week period via MS Teams. It is designed to help you shift your leadership style more toward a coaching approach and apply basic coaching techniques. You will get the opportunity to see coaching in action, practice with a buddy and receive feedback from the facilitator. This program is a prerequisite for the Advanced Coaching skills short courses.
Workshop 1 – Adopting a coaching style
- What is coaching?
- Why transition to a coaching style?
- When is it useful?
- Underlying skills of coaching
- The coaching mindset – growth & perspective
- Allocation of a coaching buddy
- Your style and its impacts – DISC
- Buddy coaching preparation
Workshop 2 – Coaching conversations model & practice
- Recap – your style and its impact
- The essence of coaching
- Active listening skills practice
- GROW coaching conversation model & demonstration
- GROW model buddy coaching practice
Workshop 3 – Advanced questioning techniques
- Coaching traps to avoid
- Powerful questioning techniques
- Framing and reframing techniques
GROW Model Buddy coaching practice
- Pre workshop call
- Behavioural style profile – to be completed pre workshop
- 3 x 2.5 hour small group skills workshops run via MS teams
- Feedback on your coaching from an experienced coach
- Ongoing support between workshops via email or phone
- Networking with peers
- Resources to support you in your development as coach
When is the course on?
Program 3 – Wed 14th Feb, Wed 13th Mar, Wed 10th April, 9.30am to 12pm
Program 4 – Thur 2nd May, Thur 30th May and Thur 27th Jun, 9.30am to 12pm
What's my investment?
$1500 per person. Must be able to commit all dates due to buddy coaching.
Impact HR offer an exciting range of coaching and training programs.