KEEPING UP TO DATE
Onboarding correctly – top tips to save time in the pre-Christmas period
25 October 2022
As we start to plan ahead for the busy pre-Christmas period, it’s important to ensure onboarding is set up correctly saving you time and ensuring the best possible experience for your team.
Here are some tips for your onboarding set up for new starters before the busy (silly) season begins!
- Even though they may be Christmas casuals or short-term employees, you should provide employment agreements and the normal onboarding documents. It may save you significant headaches later as there is transparency of the employment type, pay rates etc. Information up front prevents fire fighting during hectic periods.
- Use your Position Description as a check list to create an onboarding plan. Are you teaching the new employee what they need to know to be successful?
- This is the time to review your current onboarding procedure to ensure a positive experience for the new starter. Items to consider:
- If you have more than one person joining, can your training be delivered in small groups?
- You don’t have to do it all yourself. Do you have someone with more experience in the position who can share the load? OR can you use online videos to train people? (You record it once and share it many times.)
- Don’t forget to check the requirements i.e. do they have the right to work in Australia?, to serve alcohol with a responsible service of alcohol? or white cards? etc. Make sure you see/have a copy and store it appropriately.
We are here to help and support you put an onboarding plan in place, making your life easier and ensuring a positive experience for the new starter and the team. Call us on 1300 474 672, or send us an email if you need help.
More News? Sign Up for our e-Newsletter?