KEEPING UP TO DATE
New rules for fixed term contracts – what you need to know Part 2
28 November 2023
As part of the Australian Government’s Secure Jobs, Better Pay workplace law changes, rules about using fixed term contracts changed on 6 December 2023.
What has changed:
- how long fixed term contracts can be
- extending fixed term contracts
- offering new contracts that are substantially similar to previous contracts.
To ensure you are compliant:
- Ensure all employees with a fixed term contract receive the new Information Sheet: Fixed Term Contract Information Statement
- Ensure the current fixed term contracts are compliant
- Ensure the current Fixed Term Employment Agreement templates are compliant
We are here to help and support our clients with reviewing your fix term contracts to ensure compliance with the recent changes. For more information, call us on 1300 474 672, or send us an email if you need help.
More News? Sign Up for our e-Newsletter?