Business Development Manager
Finding the Right People for the Right Roles
Website Active Metal
About Active Metal
Active Metal are experts in transforming your space, bringing unique projects to life every day. Our team can design and install a stylish yet functional staircase that will elevate your workspace to a whole new level.
Active Metal are market leaders in the design, fabrication and installation of commercial staircases and balustrades. www.activemetal.com.au
About the position
The Business Development Manager will be the face of the company, building client relationships, securing specifications, responding to client and tender enquiries, formalising bid documentation, conducting client presentations and event management.
The Business Development Manager will provide support to the Pre-construction team and will be responsible predominantly for closing sales. The role will be responsible for working with the client relations and preconstruction and estimating teams in order to grow, and nurture a strong pipeline of project sales. The role will require a high degree of passion, initiative, creativity, and interpersonal skill for locating new business opportunity.
Successful candidates’ key responsibilities:
· Nurture project sales opportunities
· Negotiate, qualify and close deals and secure contracts.
· Plan and implement sales strategies to meet specified KPI’s. The strategy will include developing and maintaining relationships and establishing key contacts with builder and workplace network groups.
· Develop and maintain strong client relationships with target client base– uncovering new leads and project business opportunities and converting these into enquiries and opportunities
· Account management of the top 10 customers within the specified buying group
· Responsible for the overall management of the deals pipeline with support from the preconstruction and estimating teams
· Nurturing existing project opportunities to maximise business growth and to ensure best outcomes for each deal within the pipeline is achieved
· Follow up enquiries generated from presentations and/or events by email, in person or telephone, as appropriate.
· Effective communication with target client base including phone calling, securing of meetings and other meaningful business interactions
· Foster good quality relations with top 10 client group
What we are looking for
Successful candidates will have:
· High level of communication skills; able to pass on information clearly and concisely to colleagues and clients
· High level of listening skills; able to qualify client requirements and uncover new opportunities
· Strong technical skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and analysis software
· At least 2 years of experience in a similar role with knowledge and understanding of sales process
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including negotiation skills
· Highly motivated, efficient and with an ability to work autonomously to meet deadlines, and with other team members as required
· Results driven and results focused.
· Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
· Strong technical construction experience
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
· Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
At Active Metal, we’re committed to delivering what we promise – and the same goes for our staff. We believe in providing a dynamic working environment that is rewarding in every aspect.
No phone enquiries, email enquiries only – Vicky.email@example.com
Only applicants who have full work rights for Australia should apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Vicky.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Help with Your HR?